About Me

My photo
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Top of the World


Top of the World

I'm looking over the rivers, the valleys, the oceans, the continents
So high above Earth that it's scaring me
My fear of heights is long gone
Sitting on top of the world with your love
It's been so long since I've traveled up here
Almost forgot how it felt to see the world through love
Almost let gravity keep me down on the ground
And yet you bring me up here
Supporting me with the strength of your heart
Your love is like my spaceship
Allowing me to soar up to unimaginable heights
Seeing the stars clear as precious gems
On top of the world is where I am with you
It's not rain that the Earth is experiencing
Only my tears of joy that I have you in my life
The warmth is not that of the sun
But of the feelings of my heart and my soul
Light shines down because of my smile
And it's because of you that I love
And it's because of you that I can travel to the top of the world

No comments:

Post a Comment