About Me

My photo
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All I Know



All I Know

All I know is how to be me
I can't possibly be anyone else
No need for me to change, I can stay just the same
Because all I can do is be who I am
Does it really matter what dialect I speak?
Does it really matter what clothes I wear?
Who really gives a damn how I wear my hair?
The music I listen to has nothing to do with you
And neither should the way I live
All the knowledge that I have is about being myself
Forget what others think, what others may say
Because at the end I just tell them
"Sorry I couldn't wear your Halo"
If I spent all of my time stroking people's egos
I would blend in with the rest of society
But who wants to do that when I can start something new?
Something I'd like to call individuality
Something so hard to find nowadays
Since everyone's so busy fitting in with every other person's norms
Well all I know is that I can only be me
I can only be what I create, what I spark
Not what you want, but what I desire

No comments:

Post a Comment