About Me

My photo
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Monday, May 4, 2009

The Crows Outside


Hearing the crows outside this morning
Makes me realize how I die inside every other day
It seems as if the work just never ends
Tend to always please others
Rarely do I please myself
There's only a select few who fuel me
But the majority of the world feels against me
Caught in limbo with how I feel about life
Can this be a sweet dream?
Most days feel like bitter nightmares
Slowly do I fade away
Whispering for some kind of retreat from this...
Can't even think straight
Up at night to slumber in morning
My days turn into nights, my nights into days
Life goes backwards so fastly but moves forward so slowly
Wish I could take control of time
Make the stress go faster
My work load disappear like sand in the wind
Make my happier moments go at a snail's pace
Kisses, touches, laughter and joy
But the crows outside remind me
There's no relief even during the morning light

No comments:

Post a Comment