About Me

My photo
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas


It's beginning to look a lot like...
Another day, another night
This Christmas shit is too much
Waiting for one day to give and get
When people can give and get every other day
Whatever happened to the values?
Spending time with family and friends?
Cherishing those you love
But instead, we cherish those toys and shiny gifts
Breaking our arms with bags and legs with long lines
I can deal without a Christmas
Especially when it's been taken away from me a long time ago
The good times, the happiness
All I see is stress and capital
Spreading wallets thin instead of spreading Christmas cheer
Until I get the real meaning of the 25th of December
Christmas is just another day on the calendar
It's beginning to look a lot like...
Another day, another night

No comments:

Post a Comment