About Me

My photo
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happily Never After


I wrote this one night contemplating about a past love. I dedicate this to those broken fairy tales...

Happily Never After

I'm seeing such illusions, becoming so delusional
The boy in front of me can't possibly be the one I gave my heart to
He never gave me such headache, so much drama
I was able to communicate and share my world with him
Able to be who I can be, who I want to be, who I am
No, no, tell me you're just an impostor
Surely you're not the same one I fell in love with
He had flaws, but was able to maintain
We fought sometimes, but never did he disrespect my name
No, no, surely you're not the same
Just a professional impersonator posing as him with perfection
Just matching your outside, but the inside is falsehood...
Unless...yes...
I've been shaded all along, delusional for so long
All of these aspects of your: fantasies
The reality being that I was, indeed, being hurt
Love held such a veil over my eyes
Not a clue why I feel so surprised
You're not an impostor; I just had too much dreams and illusions
More or less like confusion
Heh...so I'm the magician that created this playland of love
This image of you being a knight in shining armor
When indeed your armor has rusted, blackened, tarnished
I've been the one building castles in the sky
Knowing that they stood better on the ground
Casting this curse upon my heart the whole entire time
This whole affair of misconception and being ill-conceived
I've come to the conclusion that in fairy tales there is always Happily Ever After
But it seems as if you and I may be Happily Never After
Never an honest word
Never a true line
Never a happy ending

No comments:

Post a Comment