About Me

My photo
21 year old on the path to finding myself. Hip Hop Dancer (VP of Culture Shock Dance Troupe in New Paltz) and Public Relations student at SUNY New Paltz. I may lack wealth, but I have a wealthy heart.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Sleepless


Dear Mr. Sandman
You have deprived me of my sleep tonight.
Or should you even be the one to blame?
Maybe it's the bright lights, long nights
Possibly the papers, the presentations
Maybe the love texts and the romance calls
Or simply because I am a victim of insomnia?
Oh Mr. Sandman
I need to know why can't you just grant my request
A few hours of sleep,
A few minutes of solitude
A few seconds of downtime
Just to get by for now and for later
I beg of you end this sleeplessness
I can't bare to look at myself in the mirror
Deteriorating in front of my own eyes
Fading into sadness, slipping into depression
Falling victim to grumpy mornings
Becoming such a creature of the night
Oh Mr. Sandman
Is there any way possible to get me some sleep?
Answer back as soon as you come off of break

No comments:

Post a Comment